Architectural Design Project Coordinator
The Architectural Design Project Coordinator will provide project design support of small capital projects for the Real Estate/Planning, Design and Construction department. You will review design professional proposals and contracts and construction contracts and assist in the design and construction on new construction projects. With regular guidance, you will manage small design and construction projects. You will also oversee and ensure all training and close-out documents meet contract requirements and are turned over to the proper entity. In addition, you will manage project reviews for conformance to regulatory requirements and organization policies.
Additional duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Preparation of architectural plans for bidding and construction for minor Capital projects.
· Provide CAD drafting services to the Health System.
· Coordinate small design and construction projects, including developing program, design, bids and supervising construction and contractors.
· Solicit engineering proposals for minor Capital construction projects with in-house design.
· Select appropriate interior finishes for minor Capital construction projects.
· Provide test-to-fit floor plans and building space studies.
· Provide scoping documentation, analysis, and planning before delivering to Project Manager for project execution.
· Provide initial project estimate to project manager for project funding request..
· Assist Construction Managers with required HCAI construction documentation and coordination of Construction Inspection meetings.
· Monitor HCAI website in order to track project status. Manage HCAI visits (CO and DSE) by maintaining and presenting an Agenda.
· Oversees and ensures all close-out documentation meets the contract requirements and are turned over to the appropriate entity, including warranties, record drawings, and Operations & Maintenance Manuals.
· Performs organizational and administrative activities not directly relating to projects, including serving on organization committees representing the department or unit.
Experience with AutoCAD required.
Ability to organize, facilitate, and expedite the work of others.
Skill in analyzing information, problems, situations, practices, or procedures to define the objective and develop scope and drawings.
Ability to read and understand legal and technical documents.
Working knowledge of building codes, UCLA standards, and accessibility regulations.
Working knowledge of hospital projects, the California Building Code, Title 22, and the requirements of OSHPD.
Working knowledge of the design and construction project process.
Skill in establishing priorities to complete work in a timely manner despite changes in workload or assignment, pressure of deadlines, or competing requirements.
Demonstrate good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Demonstrated intermediate level knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Blubeam.
Ability to work with different software products with minimal training and supervision.
Skill in analyzing data in order to be able to create spreadsheets graphs and charts that relay correct information for management report.
Demonstrated one to two years professional experience in design and construction related field