Streets Maintenance Worker
The Town of Addison is seeking two (2) Streets Maintenance Worker. The Public Works & Engineering department works a Monday-Thursday schedule from 6am-4:30pm (10 hour days) and has every Friday off.
Under general supervision, participates in the maintenance and repair of Addison streets and sidewalks to ensure safe and clean sidewalks and roads.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Repairs and maintains Town streets, sidewalks, and curbs; prepares streets for concrete and asphalt patches; sets up barricades at work sites to warn traffic of work hazards.
- Operates trucks (heavy equipment); loads, hauls, and unloads dirt, sand, asphalt, and other materials.
- Cuts, collects, and disposes of tree limbs, weeds, trash, litter, debris, and bulk items set out by residents.
- Assists with sidewalk markings, street signs, and street lights.
- Cleans and maintains shop tools, equipment, and vehicles.
- Performs on-call duties as assigned.
- May be asked to perform additional job duties that are directly, indirectly or completely unrelated to normal job functions in the course of presenting certain Town special events.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience Guidelines
High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred; AND some previous experience in a construction or maintenance trade; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with fellow employees, Town officials, and outside contracts. Safe driving record. Clear criminal background check and clear pre-employment drug screen.
- Work safety policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Materials, tools, and equipment used in street repair and maintenance.
- Operating tools, equipment, and machinery used in streets maintenance.
- Following written and verbal instructions.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Must possess a Commercial Class B Texas Driver's License, or obtain license within six (6) months of appointment.
This is a nonexempt position. Routine schedule is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Schedule may be modified if department needs arise. Position will be part of an on-call rotation once qualified. May be required to work overtime if needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed outdoors in various weather conditions. Work requires exposure to potentially dangerous tools, equipment, machinery, and chemicals. May be required to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds and work at great heights.
The Town of Addison is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services.