Facilities Maintenance Technician
Facilities Maintenance Technician
The Greeneville Sun, an affiliate of Adams Publishing Group is recruiting for a Facilities Maintenance Technician at our Greeneville, TN regional print and production facility.
This position is responsible for providing support for all maintenance related needs of all Greeneville campus buildings and production equipment. Evaluate equipment maintenance program to support improvement in production quality and efficiency in a manner consistent with a plant and department wide continuous improvement process. Support and contribute to the development of a diverse work environment. Set an example by complying with policies/practices that ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws and company policy regarding equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, regulatory agency safety and environmental requirements. Keep accurate, useful and timely operational and maintenance records. Work with the staff to set equipment maintenance priorities.
The successful candidate must be a flexible, self-starters, attentive to details, diplomatic, able to provide direction, and able to multitask. This position will work with different personality types and across a number of business units. Candidates for this position should have strong interpersonal skills and client orientation and exhibit an ability to work effectively with internal and external contacts as a team member as well as a team leader.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provides general and detailed maintenance (either with direct or indirect supervision), including patching, painting, hardware repairs and other repair/replacement work as required;
- Performs routine facility and equipment maintenance (press and post press).
- Dedicates some hours every week for assistance with general office work related to the work request system and the ordering of supplies and materials.
- Performs routine daily inspections of assigned buildings and spaces.
- Assists, or performs solo when needed, general and detailed cleaning of all Greeneville Sun, interior and exterior spaces.
- Specific functions include, but are not limited to mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, wiping, washing, carpet, walls, windows, and doors; trash and recycling removal; cleaning restrooms; stairwells, offices and other areas as required.
- Follows the Facilities Work Request System.
- Completes all documentation for work performed, in a timely manner.
- Oversees and performs the duties associated with events, including executing the set-up plan in a timely manner, break-downs are completed on schedule with spaces returned to normal state.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Operate company delivery van (Valid TN Drivers license required.)
- Respond to emergency call-ins (on scheduled days) during storms or natural disasters that require grounds to be cleared of debris, snow or ice.
- Assists and serves as back up to other Facilities production employees.
- Helps to maintains adequate custodial supply stocks.
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records.
- Incumbent is designated as an essential staff member and required to work during periods of extreme weather and in other emergency situations. This may include snow removal and or responding to storm damage.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Completion of a private, military or trade school training program that includes theory and on-the-job work is desirable but not required.
- At least two years of verifiable experience (three or more highly desirable) maintaining various building interior and exterior surfaces
- Experience with HVAC (preferred), electrical, and plumbing equipment;
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use basic carpentry, plumbing, painting, and custodial hand and electric powered tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to receive and respond to work assignments in both formats.
- Strong command of the English language both spoken and written.
- Read, comprehend, and work from plans and operating instructions.
- Follow oral and written instructions; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
- Detail orientation with a mindset towards meeting the high standards for maintenance of facilities.
- Demonstrated time management skills and including multi-tasking.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Keep computerized records and prepare reports. Access and employ job related computer software (email, work planning, time-keeping) at an effective proficiency level.
- Works independently with limited supervision, interacting effectively with and quickly gaining the respect and support of facilities and museum staff.
- Interacts with various levels of staff, guests and vendors.
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job or may be encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions to the extent the Company may do so without undue hardship. The term qualified individual with a disability means an individual who with or without reasonable accommodation can perform the essential functions of the position.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability to work in an office and production setting and operate light equipment and tools. Working on ladders up to 22, frequent walking, bending and stooping, squatting, reaching above and at shoulder height, kneeling, balancing above standing, sitting, lifting of objects weighing up to 50 lbs. or more when lifting in pairs; occasional pushing/pulling, twisting at waist; manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard, grasp writing materials; strength to grasp hand and power tools. Good balance is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arm and to reach above shoulder height. The employee is required to visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. Special vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is subject to extremes of temperature while working in mechanical rooms or with equipment outdoors. The employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, high voltage electricity with risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extremes of outdoor weather conditions and temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally requires the use of hearing protection equipment;
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Our Parent company, Adams Publishing Group is growing and offers a strong benefit package of health, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, a generous paid vacation program and 401K plan.
We are a progressive, equal opportunity employer and all candidates are encouraged to apply. You can do so by sending a cover letter (noting the reason for your interest) plus your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org