Pay Rate: Competitive Hourly Wage (Depending on Experience) + safety and production bonus
Schedule: 7 on 7 off, 12-hour shifts. Rotating days and nights
Area: Northern Nevada – Elko area
Small Mine Development builds and operates America’s underground mines. Our mission is to be the leader in safe, productive, and innovative mining solutions. We are seeking motivated, self-starters, that can work safely while ensuring production goals are met. By joining our team, you will be tasked with hard yet very rewarding work that provides opportunities for career development and advancement.
General Position Overview: Under the direction of the site Master Mechanic, heavy equipment diesel mechanics are responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining mobile and stationary underground mining equipment. Our fleet includes (but is not limited to):
- Caterpillar – Articulated Dump Trucks, LHD Loaders, Large Wheel Loaders, Dozers, Skip Loaders
- Sandvik - Jumbo Drills, Rock Bolters, LHD Loaders, Articulated Dump Trucks
- Atlas Copco/Epiroc – Jumbo Drills, Rock Bolters, LHD Loaders
- Getman – Explosives Trucks, Lube Trucks
- JLG Skytrak – Forklifts
- Cubex – Long Hole Drills
- Various Man Carriers and Tractors
Duties and Responsibilities: Our underground diesel mechanics are tasked with conducting safety checks, diagnosing and repairing mechanical failures (including electrical and hydraulic systems), hose repairs, performing scheduled PMs on all equipment, and keeping electronic work order records via our CMMS. Duties also include major component repairs and replacing when necessary.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- Work with a safety-first mindset and maintain situational awareness at all times.
- Hold a current MSHA Certificate (5000-23) in underground metal/non-metal mining.
- Have experience maintaining Sandvik drilling and haulage equipment, Epiroc drilling and haulage equipment, Caterpillar surface, and underground equipment.
- Be proficient in interpreting electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Be competent with the use of service, parts, and operator’s manuals - both digital and paper.
- Have knowledge and understanding of all underground (hard rock) mining equipment applications.
- Have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and work in year-round weather conditions.
- Possess knowledge and experience with diagnostic software.
- Have experience with fluid power diagnostics.
- Have experience with OEM and retrofit emissions products such as passive DPFs, active DPFs, and SCR systems.
- Have the ability to weld and use a cutting torch.
Beneficial Skills but not required:
- Ability to align bore and air arc
- Experience with gas analyzer
- Understanding of oil analysis and results
We offer a strong benefits plan including:
- Enrollment in ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Various insurance offerings through Colonial, including life and short-term disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Transportation to and from a job site
- Contributions to position-specific Continuing Education
Small Mine Development, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a Drug-Free Workplace. Career candidates must pass a drug screen.