Full Time Road Workers
Safety Contractors was established in 1991 and is family owned and operated. We strive to create a safe environment for all drivers by installing safety rails and signs along many roads and major highways. We are an established, hardworking company and take pride in our work.
We are seeking energetic and motivated individuals to join our team in the role of full-time road workers. This position mainly helps with installation of rails and signs on the highway.
Job Type: Full-time, on-site
Pay: Starting at $15.00 per hour, depending on experience
- Installing large, heavy guardrails, crash cushions and handrails on the sides of roads and highways.
- Lifting heavy materials
- Loading/unloading materials
- Use of power tools and heavy equipment (forklifts, skid steer, track hoe and mini excavator) – we will train if you do not have experience with these tools or equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with power tools such as: drills, hammers, saws, hand tools (shovels, hammers, wrenches, etc.) is a plus, but not required
- Ability to handle physical workload (can lift a minimum of 25 lbs. and can stand up to 8 hours per day)
- Ability to work outdoors
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid CDL license is considered a plus
- Overtime opportunities (some night, weekend and out of town work depending on the project)
- Health, dental, vision benefits available
- Short-term and long-term disability options
- Life insurance
- Sick pay, personal paid time
- Individual retirement plans available
- Small business culture that welcomes new hires into a family work atmosphere and has a high employee retention rate.
Previous experience in the construction industry is a plus but not necessary. We will train!