Heavy Equipment Operator/Truck Driver
New Sewickley Township is accepting applications for an anticipated opening for a Road Department Employee, Heavy Equipment Operator/Truck Driver
The desired candidate performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance and road/street related duties requiring strenuous physical effort and occasional exposure to inclement working conditions. The employee must have a valid CDL Class B with airbrake endorsement and perform a variety of tasks related to the Township infrastructure and buildings involving the operation of Township vehicles, equipment and manual labor. Scheduled work week is 40 hours. Overtime is required, especially during adverse weather conditions. Employee must be available for duty 24 hours per day and 365 days per year as required. Successful candidate will operate all highway department vehicles, shop tools, power tools and heavy equipment in a safe and productive manner.
General duties include, but are not limited to:
* Road paving, patching and crack sealing.
* Installation of storm water systems.
* Cleaning and repairing of stormwater inlets, pipes and ditches.
* Installation and repair of street signs and guiderails.
* Remove trees and/or branches from roadways.
* Assist in traffic control as needed.
* Snow and ice control.
* Plow roads/apply salt & cinders.
* Mow assigned areas such as along highways.
* Perform general maintenance of the Highway Department equipment.
* Responsible for routine maintenance of town buildings and facilities.
Compensation as determined by collective bargaining agreement.