Arcosa Meyer Utility Structures is searching for Career Welders for our Hager City, WI plant. Depending on experience, a Welder can earn up to $29.50/hr. base pay plus $1/hour more for afternoon shift. There are three pay levels for Welders depending on experience - Entry Level, Mid-Level and Expert Level with a wage range of $23.50-$29.50/hour. IN ADDITION, you will receive hourly premiums from $.75/hour up to $1.25/hour for welding. Ability to earn double time pay when all hours scheduled in a week are worked.
As a Welder at Arcosa Meyer Utility Structures, you’ll use jigs/holding fixtures to lay out pieces to be welded according to blueprints, layouts, schematics, or work orders. You’ll then use manual/semi-automatic/automatic welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate, and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
At Arcosa Meyer Utility Structures, we’re pioneers in the transmission industry with a strong commitment to reducing the environmental impact of transmission lines. We were the first to use steel for tubular transmission poles and full-scale vertical testing, and the first to develop wood-equivalent steel poles. In addition to that, our engineering solutions for voltages up to 765kV are designed with our proprietary software and have been validated through years of comprehensive, full-scale structural testing.
What you’ll do:
- Weld clips and hardware
- Perform full penetration (such as slip joint) welds to weld ends to poles or channels
- Perform basic repairs
- Operate grinding equipment
- May lay out and mark weld points on parts or subassemblies
- May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides, and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools in accordance with layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches.
- May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications
- Observe all standard safety practices
- Maintain and complete all required records
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in flux core welding
- Qualify as a flat welder
- Ability to maintain 90% pass rate on UT inspection
- Basic understanding of Oxy Fuel/Plasma burning and of Carbon Arcing