Draper, Inc., a family-owned company since 1902, has an exciting Project Manager opportunity. Draper provides an excellent benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, and access to an on-site medical clinic and wellness park.
Draper, Inc. has grown rapidly in recent years resulting in us now having over 730 employees. We have a diversified product line including motorized and manual projection screens, gym equipment, motorized lifts, and motorized and manual shades. We are a leader in our markets resulting in a very positive future.
The essential functions and minimum qualifications for this position are listed below.
- Coordinates installation schedules in accordance with construction schedules on site.
- Manages change order/scope change documentation - both internally and externally.
- Creates and sustains project schedules.
- Records project updates to analyze effects and ensure the project remains on schedule at an acceptable margin.
- Assesses potential risks to the project, corrects them proactively, and implements solutions to improve performance against objectives.
- Organizes schedules and manages flow of work.
- Reviews master schedule and work orders, establishes priorities, and adjusts schedule according to projects.
- Manages the project team in achieving the project scope, schedule, and cost objectives. Gathers information regarding performance to create visibility into opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinates and supports client mock up reviews.
- Monitors and reports progress of projects to management.
- Records and archives all project documentation.
- Leads project meetings and documents the results for management. Conducts project completion/lessons learned meetings.
- Prepares project scope documents and conducts engineering/production kick-off meetings.
- Conducts daily production walk-thru for projects running through production.
- Provides support to other departments to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures safety standards are always met.
- Enforces compliance of project management methodology.
- Travel as necessary to support customer relationships and expand product/market knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate about construction drawings.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project. Experience with CRM is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Willingness and availability to travel as needed.