Equipment Operator (CDL)
Equipment Operator (CDL)
D.F. Pray, Inc., a single-source contractor providing a wide range of services that include design build, preconstruction, construction management and general contracting, is looking for an Equipment Operator with a CDL to join our team. This is a hands on position that requires on-site supervision and coordination of all sitework operations to successfully complete a project as well as managing all company owned equipment and coordinating the scheduling of all operators. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions on this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Follow, implement and enforce safety policies, (i.e. job safety meetings, proper use of safety equipment, compliance by subs/suppliers. etc.)
- Operate, inspect and maintain equipment to manufacturers specifications
- Use construction machinery such as excavators, front end loaders, bulldozers, and all-terrain forklifts
- Soil leveling or ground manipulation for the transportation of equipment and materials
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues quickly and efficiently with the analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems and schedule repairs as necessary
- Complete all job related duties as instructed by supervisor
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Complete, maintain, and submit all required reports, logs, punch lists, etc. associated with the equipment.
- Communicates and reinforces the Company vision, mission, and values.
- Must be willing to travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hands-on experience as an Equipment Operator in the construction industry
- Self-motivated and willing to travel
- Ability to work in a team environment with interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to perform physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks; to include frequent bending, kneeling and lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Comfortable working outdoors in a high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations
- Capable of climbing and keeping balance on uneven areas
- Prior OSHA, First Aid, and/or Safety Training preferred
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work and achieve results on time with minimal guidance or direction and be accountable/conscious of costing
- Flexible in approach and problem-solving ability; able to embrace challenges and resolve
- Must have valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Must have a Massachusetts Operators license.
- CDL License Required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other protected groups to apply.
Only qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States and who submit all required information will be contacted for an interview. EEO. Drug Free Work Place.
About this company:
Since our founding in 1959 by C.Edward Pray, D.F. Pray has been building excellence by specializing in professional, hands-on, self-performing general contracting services both regionally and nationally. Edward’s son, Scott W. Pray, continues the family tradition of building excellence started by his father.
Through 60 years of quality, D.F. Pray’s emphasis continues to be on the client and their specific needs. During the pre-construction, planning phase, and/or the construction process itself, the activities and objectives of the project team are designed to create value for the client while achieving the maximum scheduling and budgetary outcomes.
D.F. Pray recognizes that success also truly depends on human factors such as Teamwork, Communication, and Leadership. These are goals that, in the end, boil down to the interactions of people. We pride ourselves on our systems, our people, and our commitment to our clients’ success.
In addition, it is D.F. Pray’s dedication to our corporate values that runs deep. They do not begin and/or end with our clients. We take pride in the low turnover rate of employees and the family like atmosphere among our staff. Our goal is to maintain a “small” company spirit as the mainstay of our continued growth as a corporation.
As initiated by C.Edward Pray, our founding father, D.F. Pray’s motto is:
“Big enough to get the job done. Small enough to care.”®
Equipment Operator Seekonk, MA : D.F. Pray is looking for an individual to operate construction machinery such as excavators, front end loaders, bulldozers, and all-terrain forklifts. Must have valid driver's license and good driving record.Must have a Massachusetts operators license. CDL License a plus.