Engineering/Construction Project Manager
- Overview & Purpose
Note: The salary range listed ($85,987 - $103,251 per year) reflects the target hiring range only and does not represent the full employee pay range for this position.
About Central Arizona Project
Central Arizona Project (CAP), a 336-mile system that brings Colorado River water to central and southern Arizona, delivers the state's single largest renewable water supply and serves 80% of the state's population.
We employ nearly 500 people who enjoy a team oriented and safety focused work culture. The close community of a small company is driven to help fulfill our extremely valuable mission. We offer highly competitive salaries and excellent benefits including membership in the Arizona State Retirement System, 401(k), medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, 4-10 work schedule, and significant investment in employee training and development. Employees are eligible for benefits on their first day of employment. CAP is truly a great place to work!
About the Position
The Engineering Department provides engineering expertise, construction project management, technical services, and support to CAP’s Maintenance Department. CAP Engineering is seeking an experienced Project Manager.
As a Project Manager (PM), you would guide CAP in executing multi-disciplinary projects from the conceptual stage to implementation and completion. You would lead a defined project team through a collaborative project scoping, assessment, review, and approval process, with oversight from an internal governing body. You would work collaboratively with your team and other involved CAP departments / division to develop project budgets and schedules. This PM role monitors, manages, and projects future project costs for budget purposes and analysis.
The PM facilitates problem solving activities with his/her team and engages the appropriate company resources to reach solutions. Through the design process, you would facilitate both internal and external specification and drawing reviews and monitors the schedule and costs of the design. You would collaborate with the contract administration and construction inspection teams during the construction phase, track costs and schedule for each project assigned, report status periodically, and ensure that all project documentation, including drawings are accurate, complete and retrievable. The PM facilitates project turnover and post-project critiques as necessary.
About the Qualifications
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelor of Science (or higher) degree in a field of Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- Five (5) years of total experience in the Engineering or Construction Industry which must include a minimum of three years of relevant construction or project management experience.
- An advanced Engineering, Business or other relevant degree may substitute for two years of the minimum experience requirement.
- Proficient at developing construction-ready contract documents in a team environment including drawings and specifications.
- Proficiency using MS Excel and MS Project.
- Effective at building relationships of trust and providing effective leadership to multiple, interdisciplinary project teams with diverse personalities.
- Ability to control and manage project budgets, schedules, scope, risk, and quality.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, coordinate resources and work through competing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Must effectively be able to manage multiple projects at various phases of the project life cycle and preferably has demonstrated experience successfully managing projects through the approval, design, construction/installation, and close-out stages.
Please note: Post-offer physical testing, functional testing, and drug screening will apply. Must have a valid driver’s license and good two-year driving record. See the position description on our website for more information about physical requirements and environment.
If you are looking for a challenging, creative role with the opportunity to make a difference in Arizona, all while enjoying a great work/life balance, APPLY ONLINE today! Your water, your future.