To be intentional at delivering a world-class customer service experience to all homeowners by providing and performing quality warranty work and service that generates referrals.
- Complete all warranty work performed in assigned homes.
- Provide world-class customer service with professional phone etiquette with all warranty calls and proper documentation.
- Inspect all work for quality and completion within tolerances while building rapport with homeowners.
- Order necessary supplies and deliveries in a timely manner.
- Comfortably utilize provided company systems and technology to maintain work order and trade partner schedules.
- Ensure trade pricing is agreed upon before work begins, while overseeing their work.
- Solve problems and direct trades to perform needed work.
- Organizational Skills:
- Able to discern urgent from important.
- Ability to stay organized - with tools, schedule, etc. - in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a way that makes others feel valued.
- Active listener.
- Ability to emphathize.
- Gets energy from serving and helping others.
- Willing to engage and initiate contact.
- Has a strong desire to improve things.
- Leaves a positive and professional impression on others at all times.
- Able to connect and relate in conversations.
- Exhibits an inviting posture.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Superior communication skills with co-workers, customers, trade partners and vendors.
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Works outside in uncontrolled conditions. Position will be subject to possible extreme weather and driving conditions. (rain, snow, high winds, sand storms)
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Frequent walking on uneven surfaces. (dirt, concrete, rock, trusses etc.)
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to navigate hazardous conditions such as frequent moving vehicles, construction equipment/tools, and various construction materials.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Ability to lift 20-75 pounds.
Hours and Schedule
- 45 - 50 hours per week (7am-5pm, M-F).
- 1 hour lunch required.
- On-call after hours and weekends will be required on a rotating schedule.
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips, events, or to meet deadlines.
- Minimal travel required for company events and inter-region collaboration.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-issued cell phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips